Subject: Nubus 101
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/2000 23:38:01
Hi,

I am trying to get somewhere with the Duo 280 / MiniDock / DuoDock II
combo, and what I don't know about NetBSD Nubus handling is hurting me
badly...

When I look at, say, the DuoDock II with "slots", I see 26 entries in the
sResource Directory: One "Macintosh DuoDock II" entry, a lot of
"Display_Video_Apple_Jet" entries, then a "Dock_Station_Apple_Duo_DockII"
entry and finally a "Network_Ethernet_Apple_Sonic" entry.

How come only the video adapter shows up during autoconfiguration?

Why do we check for video card IDs but check vendor IDs for ethernet cards?

Why does the DuoDock's ethernet adapter not show up?

Why don't I see the Dock itself probed?

Are we able to handle "multi function cards"? Or do we take the first
device only from any Nubus slot?

What about the interrupts? Scanning through the MiniDock MacOS video
driver, it looks like it does not even install an interrupt handler. (If
anybody feels he could lend me a hand with disabling video interrupts for
the docks, please drop me a note. I have worked from Allen's notes, but
it's not that easy.)

Thanks for your help...   ;)

	hauke