Subject: Re: Duo (yet again)
To: Jude Giampaolo <jude@smellycat.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/2000 02:23:36
> Is there any support for Duo's while docked?

Depends on the dock.  ;)

Essentially none. When a Duo is docked (in a DuoDock), the only internal
devices that are used are ADB and the internal modem. Everything else is
either duplicated in the Dock (53c80 SCSI, SCC serial, video, sound) or
only provided externally (SWIM II floppy controller, SONIC ethernet).

Currently, we provide no driver support for Dock peripherals.

There are some devices (e.g. SONIC) where support would be rather easy
-- more or less probe the right addresses.

There are devices where things are not so easy, mainly because we treat
them as unique so far (the 53c80 SCSI drivers, the SCC serial driver).

And finally, there are devices which we do not support at all (SWIM II,
Jet video controller).

        hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down"  (DEVO)