Subject: RE: YA "Cannot mount root" error
From: Brett Kessler <kesslerb@algorithmics.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/2000 14:46:52
Brendan,

> Oh, you don't need to install it, just select the Boot Options menu in the
> booter and then select MacOS file and when it brings up the file selection
> dialog select the netbsd.GENERICSBC.gz, thenclick ok save the options and
> boot...

Thanks for the tip; I just tried it, and things are actually worse.  I
copied the file to the internal 80MB hard drive (the only place with a Mac
OS file system), changed the kernel location in the Booter application, and
started the boot process.

What followed was a constant stream of parity errors.  Rebooting with the
generic (non-SBC) kernel got rid of the parity problem, so I know it's not a
true SCSI problem.  Grrr.

Anybody have any other ideas?