Subject: more on ftp server on 1.4.2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/2000 06:33:00
Oops, I forgot to say the error message when ever I try to ftp in is:

error on password: User jernigan may not use FTP.

It's the same for root and tomj.

Tom

I'm having trouble setting up ftp service into my IIci with netBSD 1.4.2

ftp appears to be set up in inetd.conf along with telnet.
I can telnet in.

I've set up /etc/ftpusers and there's no /etc/nologin. I've tried
both with /etc/ftpchroot and without

If I try ftpd -C jernigan and ftpd -C tomj, both return a status of 0.
If I ftpd -C root, I get a return status of 1.
jernigan belongs to the wheel group, tomj has no special privileges.

What am I doing wrong? I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks for any help.
Tom