Subject: Re: Asante MacCon for LC ethernet card problem
To: Ken'ichi Ishizaka <ishizaka@sam.hi-ho.ne.jp>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@clank.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/2000 11:07:11
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Ken'ichi Ishizaka wrote:

> The change is only effective for Apple Ethernet LC Card(DRSW=1,DRHW=0x10f).
> I'm not sure whether Asante will work or not, sorry.

I'm really curious why DrHw 0x10f is listed as NUBUS_DRHW_ASANTE_LC, in
that case.  Did I misinterpret something when I committed these changes
last year?  The code lists this card as the "Macintosh LC Ethernet
Adapter".

> It seems that in current code (if_ae_nubus.c and if_sn_nubus.c)
> with nic which has nubus-id drsw==1 (now except drhw==0x10f)
> both 8390 driver (ae) and SONIC driver (sn) are attached .

Only one driver can attach, and since the ae driver matches first, this
will be the default for any hardware with DrSw == 1.

--scott