Subject: RE: logical interfaces...
To: Sean Murphy <otaku@istar.ca>
From: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/2000 00:49:08
The alias lets your machine respond to two different IP addresses, using
only one card. For instance, my machine at home responds to both
192.168.1.16 (for my home network), and 24.65.xx.xx (the IP from my ISP)
the home address resolves to bob.home.org, whereas the ISP one has a
totally different name.

What is it exactly that you're hosting?

Erik Huizing			4th year Computer Science
huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca	Office: MS 142 Ph: 220-5768
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing/