Subject: Re: LC475 with Applie LC card (SONIC)
To: Hiroyuki SATO <g4lc@holsten.mech.hirosaki-u.ac.jp>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/2000 11:06:36
On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Hiroyuki SATO wrote:

> For the kernels I build with sources of 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 fail to determine "sn" correctly,
> I should use sources in "current", but it fails during building procedure with "cpp" messages.

OK. So you're trying to build a kernel from current (1.4ZB) sources
with a 1.4.2 toolchain. I believe this is possible, if you first
update "lex", "yacc", "make", "mkdep" and then "make install" in
/usr/src/share/mk (and "config", of course.)

> I guess the situation of mine with the GENERIC kernel looks similar to that of Raymond's,
> posted here few days ago.
>
> >Subject: Asante MacCon for LC ethernet card problem
> >From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
> >Date: 06/07/2000 23:28:26
>
> His chip is the same with mine, i.e. "83932", and I believe we need new sources for the LC
> cards.

Have you tried kernels from a current snapshot?

<ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/snapshot/current-20000506/binary/kernel/>

You will need to make the wscons devices, as I explained previously.
This applies to any current kernel.

> I hope the situations are considered for the next source set release.

Not likely, unless you file a bug report. ;-)

Please realize that there are presently 2 active code branches, so
even if all the problems with the "sn" device are fixed in current
(presently at 1.4ZB), the fixes may not go into 1.4.3 unless you file
a problem report against 1.4.2.

Frederick