Subject: Re: Building KDE
To: Greg <raisplin@rcn.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/2000 16:27:45
Greg wrote:

>Is there some problem with the KDE package that maybe hasn't been reported
>or am I just a moron? (my guess is that I am a moron <g>)

Well I think I'm one of the moron's ;-) who has actually seen it build on
my system, but it takes forever!  As I recall it not only took an
unlimited ulmit but it also takes an ungodly amount of SWAP space.  My
system would just lock up trying to build KDE until I discovered the SWAP
thing.  I just kept adding SWAP disk space until it worked. I'm guessing
I had about 200Meg of SWAP with 20Meg of RAM.

-bob