Subject: problem with xfce
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/2000 19:17:26
I'm running netbsd on a IIci. I'm trying to run xfce. Every time I
try to launch it I get the error:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_XUngrapDevice" in
xfce:/usr/X11R6/lib/libgdk.so.12.7

I've tried installing both xfce 3.1.2 and 3.3.1 from the binary
packages. Both give the same error message. 3.3.1 dies at that point,
but 3.1.2 lets xfwm continure, but none of the modules run.

Can anyone give me a hint of what to do? I've tried putting
/usr/X11R6/lib/ in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig, but that didn't
help. The error message probably indicates it already knew about the
libraries anyway.

I've tried both 1.4.2 and the April snapshot (#26, I think), both
with the generic kernel and the slotman_hwd_sbc kernel. The may
kernel (#29) runs wild with my asante nubus ethernet card, so I
couldn't try it. (I don't know what a kernel panic is, but it sure
looked panicked to me.)
Tom