Subject: Asante MacCon for LC ethernet card problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/07/2000 23:28:26
This didn't probe properly with NetBSD 1.4.2 at boot - the memory
size couldn't be determined.  I swapped it out for a Farallon LC
ethernet card I had, and the Farallon worked fine.  (This surprised
me - I always thought of Asante as the best supported ethernet cards
manufacturer's for NetBSD.)

The Asante card in question is a "Asante MacCon for LC Rev. D2",
copyright 1991, with a sticker on one of the chips that reads
"22-0006-01 LC V1.1 U10-B".  The largest chip is labelled:

S9148AP C4
DP83932BVF
XJ02197U

Is this card supported (and this is a bug) or am I the first person
trying to use this card with NetBSD?

--
Nathan Raymond