Subject: RE: ffs conversion
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/2000 01:49:38
I'm having trouble with this, too.  I've got  2 gig external on my quadra610\ that
the installer can't handle. (scsi #5 error)
the root partition is on the internal drive and was was formatted with the mkfs
 from the macOS side and the /usr was formatted with the "newfs" from the NetBSD
side.

/dev/sd0a                /
/dev/sd0b    swap
/dev/sd1g               /usr

That's my basic layout above.  I didn't know about the different levels of the ffs
before.  This may explain some of the problems that I've had in the past. with
segmentation faults and the file system never being clean on reboot.

I picked up a centris 650 over the weekend and installed everything on one
partion and things seem to work much smoother than the quadra with the "mix
and match" partitions.

So now I want to change both "/" and "/usr" to the same type 1, 2 or 3 or whatever..
but I get the same error as shown below.

dev/rsd0a: BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST
ALTERNATE

BTW:  There is a store called weirdstuff.com.  It's literally a computer junkyard.
But one man's trash is another man's treasure and there are some good deals on
all kinds of computer parts there. I got the Centris there for $75  You can check
their location at:

www.weirdstuff.com.

   Guy