Subject: mac68k Questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <jah@undef.jmac.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/2000 14:09:43
Hi.  I am going to be installing NetBSD on a Mac IIsi.  I was curious
about a few things:

* In the INSTALL.txt file, it does not say what _names_ we should give to
the root, swap, and user partitions thast we create.  It's possible to set
the names of these partitions in the partitioning utility, and possibly in
Mkfs.  So what names should those partitions have?  (that is, what names
should the macintosh itself recognize them as having, as opposed to what
FreeBSD filesystem names they should have.. or are the two things the same
thing?)

* Another thing. How about explicitly stating exactly how big the root,
swap, and usr partitions should be?  I want to have X windows running on
my Mac, and I have 17 megs of RAM. I am not going to run my machine as a
server of some kind.

 - Jamal Hannah
   jah@jmac.org