Subject: Re: fixing files after fsck -y
To: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/2000 16:02:33
Ken Hughes chisseled:
>Hello everyone
>[snip]I had repeated SCSI trouble during my current install,
>debug >reboots,etc., and then found 60+ lost+found entries after
>fsck(s) >(where I gave a "yes" to everything, fixing, adjusting,
>reconnecting, [snipped]
>but I would like to fix the following ...
># ls -ilF /lost+found
[snipped rest]

What version are you using?.
I recall to have the same problems with 1.4/1.4.1 and using mixed binaries
and sources. Never really found a solution except for starting from scratch
after tar-ring up all files I changed/configured (specially /etc) and
backing  them up (many options possible, but cpout with your installer to
your Mac disks the easiest).
Try installing 1.4.2 from scratch and use the stable kernel (no current)

Does this help?
T@W