Subject: RE: fixing files after fsck -y (more)
To: , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/2000 17:17:42
At 11:26 AM +0800 6/1/00, Darrell Horrocks wrote:
>On a similar note (I think) I am still having install hassles on a Pbook
>180c.  Have the install going right, and getting the prompts that I should
>be.  HOWEVER, after dropping me to a single user prompt (so I can edit
>rc.conf) I find that the root filesystem is only mounted RO now RW.  SO a
>fsck and I find the error:
>
>** /dev/rsd0a
>BAD SUPERBLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG
>
>I haven't been able to locate a similar problem in the mailinglist archive,
>but I feel it may be something to do with the formatting information.
>
>Can anyone help with this?
>
>Regards
>
>Darrell Horrocks
>
>I am using the 20000408 build with the GENERICSBC-26 kernel.

The two problems are independent.

For the BAD SUPERBLOCK problem let fsck fix things first.  There are
options to use alternate superblocks if necessary.  If fsck can't
then you may want to reinstall with the regular kernal instead of the
'SBC one.

For the read-only "problem" that's a "feature"!  You want to do the
fsck before you mount the filesystem read/write or things get
confused.  Do a mount -a and you should get all your filesystems
mounted the way they are under a full boot.