Subject: Re: Netatalk ASUN ASIP problems
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2000 11:42:02
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
> > Due to some NetBSD quirk which according to Bill Studenmund is not a bug
> > but a feature (TM) I could only get Netatalk to work on 1.4.x when I
> > configured it as a router. This is annoying because all the Macs on the net
> > will complain every time the "router" appears to go away.
>
> Hauke, which quirk is this?

IIRC, Manuel Bouyer made a change to the kernel sources between
1.4.1-1.4.2 to allow the packaged netatalk to be used as a router.
This required a change to the netatalk package to permit netatalk to
be used as a non-router, "patch-be". Maybe you'd like to pull that one
up to the sources you're using.