Subject: Re: color X for 1.4.2
To: None <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/2000 05:06:12
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:31:18 -0600 (MDT), Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> I've managed to get Color X running on my centris, but the colors aren't
> working properly. I've been reading through the FAQ, and it only mentions
> 1.2 and 1.3, nothing about 1.4. Do I need to add the video_lkm_command
> stuff too?

To get 256 PseudoColor to work, you need

a) either one of Paul Goyette's SLOTMAN kernel or Colin Wood's LKM,
AND
b) a NuBus or PDS video card that works with a)

It sounds a lot like you're trying to run the server in 256 color mode
without those.  Without those, you can only do Monochrome (B&W), some
FixedGray modes, or 16-bit TrueColor.

Ken