Subject: Re: lynx and apache
To: Samad <signage@best.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/2000 22:57:39
I don't know much about apache, but the default configuration file
always worked for me.  You can start apache by typing

" apachectl start"

--- Samad <signage@best.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> I downloaded lynx and apache from
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org//pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4.2/mac68k/. When I type pkg_add
> apache*, I get no errors. So I reboot my machine. However, apache did not
> start. So I cd to /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/, and do ./apache.sh. So after 5
> minutes, I just get the message "apache". Now I try to connect to that
> computer over the network. I get a connection failure. For what reason, I
> don't know. I have tested the network and I can access all computers on it.
> So I assume that Apache is not set up properly even though I made a few
> slight modifications to the config file. As for lynx, when I try to install
> the package, I get "(1) add of dependency 'libslang-*' failed!". Can any
> gurus/masters/whoever can help me?

libslang is another package that it lynx needs.  You should install
the pkgsrc.tgz system to help you install the packages.  It will take care
of dependencies.  Look at the in the following link to get package system
going.  Hope this helps

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

 BTW, I did get my Mac IIvx to work with