Subject: To European NetBSD-mac68k subscribers in need for spare parts
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/2000 13:54:23

Hi whom it may concern,

Over time i've seen numerous requests on this list for mac68k parts
like ethernetcards, processors and other replacements.
Then i needed to acquire some replacements for my LC475 myself.
So i shopped around here in the Netherlands for a real 040 and an
ethernetcard  and found them almost unavailable and 2ndhandprices
unacceptably high.

Luckily Bob Nestor offered to help out on the US end of the supply
line to see that we folks in Europe have access to the parts we're
looking for.
Small payments are almost cost prohibitive so why not provide a
low-budget service to other Europeans?
Keeping costs low by having our orders bundled together in one
shipment while in the meantime  you'll be able to pay in Euro, sharing
the international funds transfer costs.

The draft so far:

1)You send a request for an item along with the maximum price you're
willing to pay and how long you're willing to wait for the item. You
provide a shipping address, valid e-mail address and such so i can
contact you.
2)To me you send a retainer fee  of 10% of the maximum price you're
willing to pay. I hold or excrow the retainer fee.  I'm still in the
process of setting up different pay options (banks,drafts/checks or
credit cards. Suggestions welcome)
3) Bob tries to find the items in the US and we notify you when the
item has been purchased and approximately how much more you should
expect to pay (at this point we still don't know what the shipping
costs will be).
5) Monthly (or every six weeks) Bob packages up all the items in one
bundle and ships them to me.
6) We pro-rate the shipping costs plus our overhead and the estimated
European shipping charges and let you know exactly how much more you
need to send to me to complete the purchase.
7) When your final payment arrives, i ship your item to you.

I would like to stress that we offer this as a low-profile, low-budget
and non-commercial service for your convenience only and will not be
able to deal with urgent requests.

For now you can send requests, place orders, make suggestions or give
your comments to lsp93@xs4all.

Let me know if there's any interest for such a service.

Touchwood