Subject: Re: File system tools
To: Richard Massey <richardm@clear.net.nz>
From: Alexander Mayrhofer <A.Mayrhofer@austria.eu.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/2000 11:35:58
>I have a 230MB ROOT&USER primary partition that is rapidly filling up (90%)
>(since I added pkgsrc and built lynx).
>I freed up another 130MB as a single partition and initialised it with
newfs.
>I plan to move part of my current filesystem to the new partition using pax
>and then erase the migrated section and mount the new partition at that
>point.
>However...
>I need to find the space taken by individual directories in order to decide
>which directory tree (or part of) to move. There is one ls option that
>claims to give directory sizes but does not (NetBSD 1.4.2). Is there
>another tool that does this easily???

du -s <directory name>

is your friend.

Onother issue (slightly OT): Does anyone of your have good sources for a
full 68040? My machine (LC475) has an 68LC040 with the famous FPU bug, and
it's not as easy as in the states to get one on ebay here in Europe.. I'd
like to use the machine as my home firewall/adsl/file server (to replace my
good ol' but loud 386).

Any hints to good sources appreciated, thanks!

Alexander Mayrhofer
A.Mayrhofer@Austria.eu.net