Subject: cannot mount root error??
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Bowden <carlbowden@mediasolutions.net.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/2000 02:09:08
Hi
I have just installed 1.4.2 on a IIci with 20mg RAM and a 1g
scsi hd on sd1 it also has a small < 100mg internal disk for
macos every thing went well untill it was time to boot into
netbsd check boot settings and following INSTALL.html
expected to config rc but the kenal boots from sd1 it just
wont bring up the file system on the same disk??

It prints out all the stats for that disk then starts this:

> no file system for sd1
> connot mount root error = 79

and then asks me to input the names which are correct as of
the install but comes back the the above message again.

does this make sense to anyone?

I have being searching the lists but not found anything yet

Thanks

Carl

carlbowden@medaisolutions.co.nz