Subject: Re: ADSL modems
To: Ed Lauman <elauman@interlynx.net>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/2000 15:56:44
Ed Lauman <elauman@interlynx.net> is suspected of writing the following on
4/22/00 at 2:18 PM :

> I want to use Bell Sympatico ADSL with NetBSD. They only support MacOS or
> Windoze. How difficult is it to set up on my own? Do I need any software
> other than the networking stuff built into the kernel? Ed Lauman

With ADSL here in St. Louis you are given either one IP, or a subnet (or DHCP...
whcih is to be avoided.. get a static ip). All you have to do is plg in the ip
netmask and the default gateway (given by your provider).

If you use DHCP then I personally do not know how to set this up under NetBSD,
but I would love to hear how...

Joseph Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO