Subject: Re: GENERIC-24 and PowerBook 145B
To: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/2000 11:43:02
Tim McNamara wrote:
> It's a little late, but the generic-24 kernel doesn't boot on my
> PowerBook 145B.
>
> There's a lot of clabber about every partition on the SCSI drives
> that doesn't happen with the 1.4.2 generic kernel:
>
> could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry
>
> The boot process gets through reading the time from PRAM, notes that
> it doesn't seem to be accurate, identifies the root file system type
> (ffs), and then
>
> panic:  cnopen:  cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
>
> stopped in init at   _cpu_debugger+0x6  unlk  a6
> db>
>
> at which point I can reboot OK and go back in to the MacOS.  There's
> other options, of course, but I don't know what to do with them
> (serious newbie-ness here).

do you ever have a console device attach?  look back through the boot
output and see if a console manages to attach to a wsdisplay device.  do
you even have a wsdisplay device configure itself?  if a console device
does work thru autoconfiguration, perhaps you simply need to setup
/etc/ttys properly and make new devices...

-colin