Subject: GENERIC-24 and PowerBook 145B
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/2000 13:29:21
It's a little late, but the generic-24 kernel doesn't boot on my
PowerBook 145B.

There's a lot of clabber about every partition on the SCSI drives
that doesn't happen with the 1.4.2 generic kernel:

could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry

The boot process gets through reading the time from PRAM, notes that
it doesn't seem to be accurate, identifies the root file system type
(ffs), and then

panic:  cnopen:  cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

stopped in init at   _cpu_debugger+0x6  unlk  a6
db>

at which point I can reboot OK and go back in to the MacOS.  There's
other options, of course, but I don't know what to do with them
(serious newbie-ness here).