Subject: RE: UNIX killed my mac SE/30
To: Ken Nakata <nakata@sequent.com>
From: Lloyd I Freese Jr <dwarf@Op.Net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/17/2000 23:36:04
>> It sounds like your power supply/analog board has died. It's not hard to
>> replace once you pop the case. Just be sure to discharge the tube as soon
as
>> you get the case off.

>Just be absolutely sure not to discharge it *through* your body...
I did that once and it was painful (at least it was for a second before I
blacked out)! That's why I always tell people to discharge. If you don't
know how or if you're not sure of yourself it might be a good idea to get
some one that's done it before.
>> My mac SE/30 has vertical lines on the screen after restarting my mac
>> after  hanging in unix boot.  I do not have a chime nor a happy mac..and
>> the screen has  vertical lines about 3/16 of an inch apart

>Actually, it sounds more like a dead processor/logicboard.
I've had a compact Mac not chime or get to happy Mac from a dying power
supply board not passing enough power to the motherboard but it could easily
be the motherboard. It's hard to tell which w/o seeing the machine.