Subject: Re: lynx browser
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/2000 17:15:06
On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 11:17:10PM -0700, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > Now for my own curiosity -- so bash/sh behave similarly here?
>
> most (all?) implementations of classic sh do not attempt hashing, so they
> don't need rehash (but they don't get any performance boost either).

... but zsh, which mostly follows Bourne shell semantics, does hash,
does not store a history table between sessions, and contains a few
other C shell-isms. (It's still cool, though, for its command line
expansion of wild cards, for its allowance of vi keys to edit the
command line, etcetera.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net