Subject: Re: Netatalk ASUN ASIP problems
To: Herb Singleton <hsingleton@flashcom.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/2000 14:58:33
At 6:03 Uhr +0200 16.4.2000, Herb Singleton wrote:
>I'm trying to run netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3  on a Quadra 650 running NetBSD
>1.4.1. The Quadra is currently running as a IPNAT server, with a DSL line
>plugged into the internal ethernet card, and my internal network/Appletalk
>network on an Asante ethernet card.

Herb,

I have a similar setup running on a IIci -- NetBSD 1.4.1 like you, and
asun-pre-2.1.4 which IIRC fixed some problems on our server at work and has
overall proved stable. You may try the latest and greatest from Adrian
Sun's ftp dir.

Due to some NetBSD quirk which according to Bill Studenmund is not a bug
but a feature (TM) I could only get Netatalk to work on 1.4.x when I
configured it as a router. This is annoying because all the Macs on the net
will complain every time the "router" appears to go away.

[hauke@espresso] /etc/atalk # tail atalkd.conf
#       A much more complicated example:
#
#               le0 -phase 1
#               le1 -seed -phase 2 -addr 66.6 -net 66-67 -zone "No Parking"
#
#       This turns on transition routing between the le0 and le1
#       interfaces on a Sun.  It also causes atalkd to fail if other
#       routers disagree about it's configuration of le1.
#
ae0 -router -phase 2 -net 339-342 -addr 339.3 -zone "Waldpark"
[hauke@espresso] /etc/atalk #

	hauke