Subject: Quadra 840av Ethernet - Part 2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: M. Lamoureaux <macbeta@tranquility.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/2000 20:03:36
Hey folks,

I hope Dave Huang reads this!

Problem:

Fresh install of netbsd/mac68k 1.4.2 onto Quadra 840av.

Whenever I do anything with the built-in ethernet (mc0), I get collision errors:

mc0:  collision error

Response from Dave:

> Yeah, there was a bug in the 1.4.x driver that's been fixed in the
> NetBSD-current driver. If you can compile your own kernel, I can send
> you a patch that'll get rid of the messages. If not, let me know and I
> can probably compile a kernel for you.
> --
> Name: Dave Huang

Dave, I'd really like the patch - sent you a couple emails about it!!

If anyone else has this patch or has a kernel without this bug, gimme a shout.

Thanks!

M. Lamoureaux