Subject: Re: X window
To: None <ender@macbsd.com, jwinter@ticnet.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2000 17:35:58
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 11:38:29AM -0700, Colin Wood wrote:
> i think that one of the default windows that comes up is named login or
> something like that (as it is a login shell, not just a standard shell).
> regardless, .xinitrc is the file to edit.

Oh, that. Right. Yes. It's been so long since I've not used my tuned
vtwmrc-and-xsession setup that I'd forgotten what default NetBSD X
looked like.

Many xterms isn't exactly a negative thing... I mean, one does
periodically want to look at more than one thing at a time...

> ummmm....this damn well better work under mac68k or we're broken.  the
> opt-1,2,3 thing was just a hack for people with standard keyboards where
> it's difficult to actually reach both the option and arrow keys at the
> same time while keeping one hand on the mouse.  it should work as well,
> but i think there's a kernel option to turn it off (ISTR that there were
> some rather critical international symbols tied to opt-1,2,3 that were
> getting screwed by our mouse arrangement...)

Hrm. Oh yeah, it's the right-and-left-option-plus-mouse-click emulate
right and middle (in that order, I think) mouse buttons in LinuxPPC.

Been awhile since I've had a console NetBSD machine... too many Ultra
10s floating around these days.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net