Subject: Re: X window
To: Jim Watson <jwinter@ticnet.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2000 13:29:31
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 11:58:45AM -0500, Jim Watson wrote:
> When I startx I get a Login screen and 2 Xterm screens.  Why am I
> getting so many screens

Erm... you mean you get xdm *and* xterms? That's queer... You ought to
get the former and then the latter. And that only with xinit. Really,
you should only get the xterms.

Regardless, edit ~/.xinitrc (or ~/.xsession if you're going to use xdm)
to control what gets started when you start X. (I believe that's in
startx's man page.)

> also
> the middle and right buttons on my 3 button mouse do not work. nether do
> the option right/left arrows...
>
> Anybody got an idea whats wrong...

Yep, you aren't using one of (the one?) 3-button mouse mac68k
supports. I don't remember which one (Logitech something or other?).
Check the web page's supported hardware section.

Option-left/right arrows is a wierdo MacX thing that (Mk)Linux(PPC)
decided to go along with. We use opt-1 for first button, opt-2 for
second button, and opt-3 for third button.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net