Subject: Mac IIx as gateway/firewall
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Lauman <elauman@interlynx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2000 11:01:10
I want to get a cable modem and use my Mac IIx as a gateway/firewall
between the internet(ie cable modem) and my internal network(ethernet with
Macs and
PCs). I figured I would need two ethernet cards - one for the cable modem
and one to connect to the internal ethernet network, but I don't know how
this would work or how to configure the Mac IIx. If anyone knows what kind
of software I would need and how to configure it, I would really appreciate
any help you could provide. thanx Ed Lauman

P.S. How do you configure NetBSD to use one of the serial ports as a
console instead of the keyboard and monitor?