Subject: Re: ssh install
To: James Kelly <james.kelly@tcs.wap.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/2000 19:09:32
On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, James Kelly wrote:

> hello all
> I've finally figured out how to get cpin to work and copy the tgz files
> off the mac volume to the bsd side.
>
> I've installed a number of packages using pkg_add sucessfully...but
>
> when I tried to install ssh-1.2.27.tgz I get the following error:
>
> pkg_add: add of dependency `rsaref-2.0p2' failed
>
> can anyone tell me what this means? I looked thru the various packages
> that came with this version of netbsd for a package with this name and
> couldn't find it....

Yep. And you won't. ssh uses rsa encryption, which is covered by
patents. rsaref is a "refernce" (not optimized) implimentation of the rsa
algorythms. It has a restrictive license, which is why I think we can't
distribute it. :-)

I think you can grab the pakcage source for just it (and pkgsrc/mk),
comple, and all will be well.

Take care,

Bill