Subject: Re: tty problems
To: None <doug@ties.org>
From: Samad <signage@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/2000 14:23:26
on 4/10/00 1:37 PM, Doug Larrick at doug@ties.org wrote:

>> I installed NetBSD on my IIvx (20MB RAM, Quantum HD). I'm using the
>> 1.4.2 SBC kernel. When I boot in multi-user mode, the system seems to
>> die after the message "setting tty flags".
>=20
> I recall having this problem as well.  I seem to remember that
> /etc/ttys described ttyE0 but ttye0 was actually present, or vice
> versa.  Either that or the proper tty device was not present in /dev.
> Sorry to not be more specific.
>=20
> -Doug

In /etc/ttys, I have the line:
ttye0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 on secure
Typing cd /dev/; ls ttye* gives me: ttye0
So /dev/ttye0 exists. Typing ./MAKEDEV ttyE0 (same as ttye0 but uppercase E=
)
reports: "mknod: invalid number: E0 =AC=A0chown: tty0E0: No such file or
directory". The curious part is that mknod might be making a device called
tty0E0. Strange...
Samad