Subject: Re: ssh install
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/2000 00:45:20
--- James Kelly <james.kelly@tcs.wap.org> wrote:
> hello all
> I've finally figured out how to get cpin to work and copy the tgz files
> off the mac volume to the bsd side.
>
> I've installed a number of packages using pkg_add sucessfully...but
>
> when I tried to install ssh-1.2.27.tgz I get the following error:
>
> pkg_add: add of dependency `rsaref-2.0p2' failed

The packages depend on other packages being installed in order to run.
NetBSD has a package system that helps you install packages.
It will check dependecies and install the required packages.
If you use the pkg_add command to install packages, then you have to
take care of the dendecies yourself.
  Some packages have dependecies to build and other dependencies to run.
The best way to install packages is to use the pkgsrc system.
Download and untar the pkgsrc.tgz and read the instructions with it.
  It contains organized dirctories of all packages available for netbsd.
You can browse the direcories with a browser like lynx. All the information
about dependencies also there.
 Once you find the package that you want to install, you can just type:
# make && make install
from within the directory and it will fetch the source code for the package
and any dependencies and then it compiles and if that goes OK it will install
the package.

  pkgsrc.tgz ...   check it out