Subject: NetBSD mac68k on Basilisk II
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@erols.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/2000 11:02:04
I've been using Basilisk II on my PC laptop for sometime because there
are MacOS apps that really don't have a PC
counterpart.  I thought I'd try booting NetBSD mac68k on it to see what
happens.  I am emulating a Quadra 650.  I get the following output
booting a generic kernel.  Any ideas what it means?  See linked snapshot
image below.

http://www.erols.com/ewinkler/basilisk.jpg

I am kind of amazed it even starts the boot process.  I am booting a
generic kernel off a Zip drive posing as a SCSI device under MacOS 7.6.
The zip disk was formatted and base.tgz installed using the NetBSD MacOS
tools.

Erik