Subject: Re: netatalk CR <-> LF translation
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2000 21:43:19
At 10:36 PM -0700 4/4/00, Erik Huizing wrote:
>the character conversion in netatalk doens't seem to be working.
>I've got these lines in AppleVolumes.system:
>
>#.       BINA    UNIX
>.       TEXT    ttxt
>
># text files
>.txt    TEXT    ttxt
>
>I added the .txt, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I open up the
>file, and the conversion didn't happen.

Erik,

I don't think the mapping in the AppleVolumes is for CR<->LF translation.
I think that is just for assigning a files's creator and type based
on the 3-character filename extension.  It doesn't do anything else to the
file.

Netatalk does the CR/LF translation automatically for all text files.
the line below from the faq at http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk
tells how to disable that feature.

2.5 How do I disable CR/LF translation?

     To completely disable all CRLF translation, you should remove -DCRLF
from afpd's Makefile.