Subject: Re: Inetd problems...:(
To: None <eclipse@trellis.net>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2000 21:46:06
Have you got a name server properly set up?

When telnetd (and possibly ftpd) get kicked off they look do an address to
name look up to see the name of who called them up (you often see this is a
'last logged in from' line).

If it's failing to do the lookup it would hang until it times itself out.

Why this would appear in top still as 'inetd' I don't know.