Subject: Inetd problems...:(
To: Mac 68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Levi Sluder <eclipse@trellis.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2000 02:26:32
Hi, I just reformatted my NetBSD box with 1.4.2. Now when some ftps,
telnets, ect, it takes a really, really, long time for them to login in.
It just waits, then in a few minutes I get the message on my console
from inetd, then in a little they get the prompt. Once they get the
login: prompt it all runs fast. It's just before that. I know this is
vague, but it's really annoying. Oh, this might help. Every time someone
logs in, while they are in the limbo waiting period, another 'inetd -l'
is spawned, then goes away if they do make it in. I don't know if this
is normal or not. Anyway, any help would be great!

        -- Levi Sluder