Subject: NetBSD on PB520 Problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Heffron <bheffron@ny.freei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2000 01:00:19
I have a PowerBook 520 with 12MB RAM and a 250 hd which i have let
NetBSD have about 160 root and 30 swap with leftovers for Mac.  I am
running 7.5.5, have a small ethernet with my Umax C600 and would like to
use the video out port on the powerbook.  But that isnt the problem.
The problem is it starts up fine, and gets to this screen(showing last
three lines)

fpu0 at mainbus0 (emulator)
boot device: sd0
root on sd0a dumps on sd0b

from there it hangs.  i can get into the debugger, but idont know how to
use it and the man command doesnt work and the help isnt too helpful...
;)
i have a feeling this powerbook happens to be one of the ones that
doesnt work- just my luck.  if you could give me any glimmer of hope i
would love it, if not, please advise what i should do.  Thanks in
advance!
-Ben Heffron