Subject: Re: *BSD on powerbook 160?
To: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/2000 22:15:09
On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Tim McNamara wrote:

> FWIW, 1.4.2 (at least; 1.4.1 might have but I upgraded before I got
> it to work) supports the internal modem using Bob Nestor's pppd
> scripts.  I can use ping and ftp, although I can't seem to get either
> lynx or pine to run (both complain that libraries are missing).

Both "lynx" and "pine" need to find shared libraries from other
packages to run. When you installed "lynx", pkg_add should have tried
to install "libslang" or complained if it could not; for "pine",
"pico". If you have "libslang" and "pico" installed, try adding the
line "/usr/pkg/lib" to /etc/ld.so.conf, then run "ldconfig" as root.