Subject: Re: floppy use && macbsd, was: ppp setup
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/2000 20:52:33
At 12:05 PM -0800 3/29/00, Hauke Fath wrote:
>At 0:49 Uhr +0200 29.3.2000, Roger Fischer wrote:
>
>>And then... What I did to avoid all the typing.
>
>[...]
>
>>Logged in.
>>Started vi
>>pressed i to get into insert mode
>>then went to zterm and pasted the file into vi.
>
>What about using a floppy disk?
>
>Seriously: Does anyone make any use of the floppy under NetBSD/mac68k? I,
>for one, do not -- I have several boxes on Ethernet and Netatalk running -
>no need for an adidas network.

I've got ethernet and netatalk working now.  When I did the above,
it was about 2.5 years ago on my stand-alone SE/30 which I had
not yet installed an ethernet card.  After my NetBSD 1.2.1 install,
I was anxious to get it onto the net.

I still haven't tried the floppy.  I understand that it only does 800k,
but does it matter if the hardware is a 1.4M/800k drive, or do you
need an older 800k only?  Hmmm, I'm gonna have to play with that a bit.

- Roger