Subject: RE: Q660AV ethernet question
To: 'jean-michel meyer' <mjm@aix.pacwan.net>
From: St John, David R <David.R.St.John@usa.xerox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/29/2000 08:06:26
Hi,

I'm running 1.4.1 on a Quadra 660av without a problem.  The onboard
ethernet is supported and works without a hitch, the only thing that
I missed was the interface is 'mc0' and I kept overlooking in the dmesg
output. The onboard ethernet port requires a 10Base-T transceiver to convert
from the AAUI connection on the machine.

I installed a second ethernet card, an Asante Nubus card.  You need a
Nubus to PDS adapter to install the second card and the Nubus card has
to be the smaller profile (7" x 4" I think it is).  The real difficulty
with this is finding the adapter.

In this setup the onboard port is connected to a cable modem and the
other port is connected to the local hub.

The 660av only has 1 NuBus/PDS slot, if the machine you are looking at
really has 3 Nubus slots then it is a 840av instead.

Hope this helps,

Dave St. John