Subject: Re: ppp setup
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/2000 21:45:51
Roger Fischer wrote:

>And then... What I did to avoid all the typing.
>
>I decompressed the files on my MacOS machine.
>Then, with a terminal program (zterm?) I connected my MacOS box
>to my NetBSD box, and logged in over the serial port.
><snip>
>Now, I'm sure I could have used xmodem or zmodem or something
>to transfer them via the terminal session, but at the time I was
>first setting this up on my box, I wasn't familiar with all of the
>tools available to me.

Actually, using ZTerm to log into NetBSD via a serial connection was
probably the best way to do this- using the modem to modem method
described by Apple is slow slow slow.

Out of curiosity, since I've been thinking of trying the same thing
just to see if I can- did you use a Mac serial cable or a printer or
null modem cable?