Subject: Re: ppp setup
To: NetBSD help <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/2000 14:49:56
At 5:28 PM -0800 3/27/00, Bradley R. Smith wrote:
>The latest version of StuffIt Expander (www.aladdinsys.com) can unpack
>.tgz files.
>If SimpleText can't handle the text files than BBEdit Lite can
>(www.barebones.com). They are both free downloads.
>
>On 3/26/2000 at 21:40, jwinter@ticnet.com (Jim Watson) wrote:
>
>> I want to configure ppp on my mac se/30..  I have downloaded 2
>> documents: ppp.setup.tgz & ppp-dod.tgz to my imac that are going to tell
>> me how to plug & play with ppp on unix.  Is there any way I can get
>> these  doc on my unix machine since I don't have ftp running. Better yes
>> is there a text or HTML version of thes instructions...
>>
>> jim watson

And then... What I did to avoid all the typing.

I decompressed the files on my MacOS machine.
Then, with a terminal program (zterm?) I connected my MacOS box
to my NetBSD box, and logged in over the serial port.

Logged in.
Started vi
pressed i to get into insert mode

Then I opened the files on Mac OS using bbedit,
selected all,
then went to zterm and pasted the file into vi.

Now, I'm sure I could have used xmodem or zmodem or something
to transfer them via the terminal session, but at the time I was
first setting this up on my box, I wasn't familiar with all of the
tools available to me.  Of course, I only had to do this once,
because once ppp was setup, I just ftp everythig.

Good luck,
rog