Subject: Re: UUID and ethernet MAC addresses
To: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/2000 02:40:17
On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Roger Brown wrote:

> Thanks for the link, but how do I actually get the source code? Lot's of
> diffs, but from what I am not sure. What format is the returned file? (it
> does not appear to be an ASCII 'C' file.

OK, from this page

	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/basesrc/sbin/ifconfig/

click on ifconfig.c.  You will see an entry for each change that was
checked in.  Right now, the most recent version is 1.75, but if you want
the source corresponding to the version you're currently using, run

	what /sbin/ifconfig | grep ifconfig.c

from a shell prompt to vind the version number.

Once you know the version you want, click on the version number.  This
will bring up a page with the source code.  If that looks like what you
want, then Shift-Click on the link labelled "(download)" and save the file
somewhere (assuming netscape here; use your browser's convention
for download if you're using something else).  The file you download is
the raw source code.
--
Tod McQuillin