Subject: Re: FPU Speed increase?
To: None <eclipse@trellis.net>
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@erols.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/2000 20:03:01
You won't see any speed increase unless your programs use a lot of floating
point calculations.  Mathematical programs
will definitely see a marked increase.  For increased compiling speed, I
recommend an 040 based machine.  I use a
Quadra 700 for all my compiling needs and its speed is adequate. Takes
about an hour to compile a kernel.

Erik