Subject: Re: Mac IIci
To: Chris Brown <cblist@cityb.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/2000 00:05:40
Chris Brown  (cblist@cityb.net) wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 11:12:32PM -0500, Levi Sluder wrote:
>> I'm about to buy a Mac IIci to run NetBSD on. I have an Asante MacCon LC
III
>LC
>> PDS Ethernet card that I have working in my LC III. I want to put that card
>in
>> the IIci, is there a chance that it would work in the LC III but not in the
>> IIci? And, from what I've seen, the IIci, seems to run all aspects of NetBSD
>> very well. Does anyone have an opinion on that?
>>

>The IIci has only nubus slots; it is virtually guaranteed that your PDS
>Ethernet card won't work in it. Try to find a used Asante nubus card
>instead, they work well (I have one in my IIci). And yes, the IIci is one
>of the most stable Apple boxes for running NetBSD.

I think the PDS and nubus are basically the same but physically oriented
differently. They act the same as far a programming and I could swear
I've seen nubus to PDS converters available.  I was under the impression
that all they did was re-orient the nubus slot and add a PDS header for
the PDS card to mate with.

-bob