Subject: Re: Error sending mail (newbie alert)
To: None <jps@ans.net, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/23/2000 15:54:59
Try running "newaliases" as root to create the alias index.

For more about configuring your system for email, look into the "Sendmail"
book from O'Reilly & Associates, or check out the package database for
simpler replacements.

--- Forwarded mail from jps@ans.net

Another newbie question (I promise my questions will get harder the more I
learn :) ):

I'm running NetBSD 1.4 and pine 4.21, and got the following message when
attempting to send a message:

Mar 23 21:46:35 zaren sendmail[8720]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
"Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory

/etc/aliases *is* a valid file; what is "Alias0", and / or where would I
look for more info on how to configure my box to send / receive mail?

--- End of forwarded message from jps@ans.net