Subject: Re: bizzare speed problem
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/23/2000 19:27:41
Erik Huizing  (huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca) wrote:

>Slow after the connection is made. I'm connecting by name both ways.
>Strangely though, the ftp works fine, unlike last time. I tried it both
>ways from a few servers.
>
>// Erik Huizing
>
>On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:
>
>> Slow when connecting or slow after the connection is made?  Are you
>> connecting by name or by IP address?  If it's slow when connecting and
>> you're connecting by name rather than by IP address you probably have a
>> DNS setup problem.

How do you measure the speed that makes you think things are slow?  Do
you have a standard test others can run?  How much memory do you have on
your system?  What all are you running on it?

My Sparc IPX certainly seems a bit faster than my mac68k system, but not
that much unless I have the Mac doing something memory or CPU intensive.

-bob