Subject: Re: upgrading to 1.4.2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd I Freese Jr <dwarf@Op.Net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/2000 17:43:16
I'm fairly new to NetBSD so forgive me if these are stupid questions.

1- I'm thinking of upgrading to 1.4.2. Will I need to
reinstall/rebuild the programs in /usr/pkg or will they still run
okay?

2- Also before I upgrade I want to back my system up (I finally have
it just how I want it) but I don't have access to a tape or CD-R
drive. I was wondering how to back my system up so that I could just
reinstall it with the install program (in MacOS). Would I just tar
then gzip everything or is it more complicated?

Thanks in advance!!

--Lloyd
--

When they took the 2nd amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.

When they took the 4th amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.

When they took the 5th amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.

Now they've taken the 1st amendment, and I can't say anything at all.