Subject: RE: Slow IPNat
To: Kadari Mayson <kmayson@viconet.com>
From: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/2000 20:55:43
Actually, that was me. 'cs495859-a' is the DHCP client-ID/identifier that
my ISP gives me. I always figured that's what went into the host section.
The problem is that (to the best of my knowledge) its not used for actual
domain names. my IP right now is 24.67.17.66 which maps to
h42-09-15-26337257.cg.shawcable.net.

Strangely, my FQDN maps to a different IP (I had the ID number wrong
before) cs478892-a.cgws1.ab.wave.home.com = 24.65.242.22 which
Ain't my IP.

Erik Huizing			4th year Computer Science
huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca	Office: MS 142 Ph: 220-5768
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing